Move In Checklist
2 weeks out, if possible
- Schedule your movers
- Or call up friends and offer pizza and beer to anyone who has a truck
- Set up your utilities
- Water: Don't worry - we set that up for you!
- Electric: Our preferred electricity provider is Reliant Energy - 1-855-353-7736. Mention PROMO CODE: MF2791 to receive our resident special.
- TV, Phone & Internet: AT&T provides phone, internet & Uverse to Sloane Street. Call 877-910-0501 or visit www.att.com/connectme/residents.html to get service.
- Do a change of address to ensure you get your mail at your new home – usps.gov
- Alert your most important social circle about your move
- This should also include notifying your bank, employer, insurance company, magazine subscriptions – and don’t forget mom.
1 week out, if possible
- Purchase renter’s insurance
- To receive your keys, you will need to show your declarations page, with a minimum of $50,000 in liability coverage.
- If you have a pet, ready them for the move
- Pets are smart, so they probably already know something is going on. But you’ll need to be ready to pay for your pet deposit and fee before moving in.
- If you have kids, register them for their new school
A few days before
- Start packing (or if you’re an early-bird, this was done weeks ago)
- Double-check the details
- Did you remember to call the movers??
- Schedule the pickup of your keys from the leasing office – don’t forget to have a copy of your renter’s insurance declarations page, your electricity account number and provider's name, pet deposit/fee and first month’s rent paid on the online portal, your Toll Tag number, and a valid photo ID ready to go for moving day.
- Pack a small moving day kit – toiletries, a few paper goods, medications, a change of clothes and dog food are recommended. It always seems like Advil and toilet paper are the hardest things to find when you need them most!
Sloane Street definitely offers the most unique architecturally designed spaces in the North Dallas area. Friendly, helpful office staff. Beautiful, well equipped amenities. Awesome central location. Happy to call this home.- Lance C. on Google
For anyone looking for a great place to live , check out Sloane Street apartments. I am currently renewing my lease. My year has been wonderful! The staff are always so helpful, they go the extra mile to make sure you are taken care of. Nice, clean and quite place to call home. Love it!- Joanne V. on Google
My experience has been outstanding within the past year. The staff members are professional and knowledgeable about the community. Also, the turnaround time on work orders is absolutely amazing! I would highly recommend this property to anyone.- Chieko T. on Google